Saturday 19 September 2015

Weekend Baking ~Dates & Chocolate Loaf Cake



I'm a foodie !!
Cooking and food does wonders at least to me.A good meal in a restaurant does make me happy and a happy me likes to celebrate with good food !! An angry me eats more and more and a sad me eats even more...!
Coming to the recipe today its just that I had dates lying in my fridge and what better way than making a cake for my little one.He loves chocolate so decided to bake a dates and chocolate cake.Just to make it a bit healthier I have used a combination of wholewheat and maida.Enjoy it with a cuppa and you are good to go..!!




Ingredients

1/2 cup Whole wheat
1/2 cup Maida
150 gms Dates
3 tbsp Cocoa powder
1/3 cup Brown sugar
1/3 cup Oil
1 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 Eggs
1/2  tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup boiling water 





Method

Boil water in a pan and add dates to cook for around 2 minutes.Switch off the flame and add baking soda to it.Blend it in a mixer and keep it aside.Sift all the dry ingredients (maida,whole wheat flour,cocoa powder,salt,baking powder),Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl.Add vanilla,oil and mix,Add the sifted dry ingredients.Fold in the dates puree.Add the chopped nuts.Pour the batter in a loaf tin and bake it for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees till the skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy !!
Till we meet next happy cooking !!




1 comment: