Saturday 13 June 2015

Back to blogging with Thai Red Chicken Curry !!




Its been more than an year since my Last Blog post!! ..There have been so many changes  in life all this while ...from shifting to India.. to joining work ...raising a toddler...setting up our new home.
But this blog of mine was always there at the back of my mind ..and finally I  am here reviving my blog...reliving my passion for food and cooking.

I am so proud to recreate dishes which I had first tasted in London ...thanks to the ingredients we get in India too...like Pesto is a staple in my fridge..Hummus and Pita is what I love eating in this summery weather.
Recently I found lemongrass at a supermarket and couldn't stop myself from trying this amazing Thai curry.The best thing is that you can make the Thai curry paste and keep it in fridge for all those weekends when you just feel lazy and still want a hearty homemade lunch.Its ready in a jiffy !!
I have never bought a ready made Thai curry paste and would not recommend as well..coz the freshness and simplicity which homemade paste brings.Hubby just loved it and its our weekend favourite thesedays.You can throw in some chicken pieces or tofu/paneer for a veggie version.

Here's how you can make this delicious and exotic Thai curry:



Ingredients 

For the paste:

7-8 Whole red chillies
1 small Onion
2 stalks of chopped lemongrass
2 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp coriander stalks
1 tsp lemon rind
Salt to taste

For the curry :

300 gm Boneless chicken pieces
1 carrot
200 ml Coconut milk



Method

Soak the red chillies in warm water for fifteen minutes,Take all the ingredients in the paste category and grind them adding little water.Now take about 1 tbsp oil in a wok and fry this paste  till the oil separates.Your Thai curry paste is ready to use or store.
To make a Thai chicken curry take the paste in a wok and add the coconut milk along with 1 cup of water.Cover and cook for five minutes.Now add the chicken and carrot pieces and cook till the chicken is cooked well.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.

Have a great weekend !!



Notes

  • You can use carrot,tofu/paneer ,broad beans and brocolli for a veggie version
  • This paste can be stored in refrigerator for 10-15 days in a airtight container.
  • You can increase the amount of chillies depending upon how hot you like.
  • Original Thai curry calls for Galangal but I have used ginger which tastes similar and is easily available in India.





No comments:

Post a Comment