Well you know about my love for muffins.. See here !!!
The best thing about baking muffins is that it requires minimal time and efforts.....seriously these muffins were ready to eat in 30 minutes!!!This refreshing orange muffin was on my to-do-list for quite sometime but my love for oranges could hardly spare one or two for this recipe :P :P....so this time I managed to save a few for these muffins ... added a few chocolate chips too...which complimented really well!!!
Talking about oranges here are some interesting facts :
- After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the world's favorite flavor.
- You will have to eat 7 cups of cornflakes to get the same amount to fiber you would get from one medium orange!
- If you plant a single seed from an orange you will probably get more than one plant growing from it.
1 3/4 cups All purpose Flour
1 Orange (quartered and seeds removed)
1/2 cup Orange juice
1tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
2 tbsp chocolate chips
|Picture taken at Barcelona in 2011|
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Put orange quarters in food processor (or blender) along with orange juice and process or blend until pureed.
- Add egg and butter to food processor and combine,pour into large bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add all at once to orange mixture.
- Fill muffin cups and Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes; remove from oven and let stand in tin for 5 minutes before removing muffins.
So go ahead and try these refreshing,delicate,soft and moist muffins !!!
Sending it to Kid 's Delight -Fruits by Srivalli hosted by Nupur
I love Baking by Tickling Palates
Bake Fest by Zesty Palate hosted by Sumee's Culinary Bites