A little late in posting this I made these savoury muffins for valentine's day breakfast. This was the first time I tried and tasted savoury muffins and it was a winner!!I used cheese,tomato,onion and basil for flavoring..you can make your own alterations with the available ingredients.
These are really easy to make and are lovely hot,straight out of the oven,or cold for tiffin and picnics.
|My new muffin moulds :)|
Here goes the recipe:
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tomato chopped
- Half onion chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cottage cheese(paneer)
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Place self-raising flour, baking powder,salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- In a pan saute the chopped onions and keep aside.
- Place egg, paneer, cheddar cheese, olive oil, milk , basil ,tomato and onion in a separate bowl. Mix until combined. Pour the cheese mixture into the flour and fold lightly until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases..Bake it in a preheated oven at 200C for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.
So go ahead and kick-start your day with these muffins!
|I HAD IT WITH OREGANO AND KETCHUP..YUMMM!!|
Sending this to the following blog events :
I LOVE BAKING BY TICKLING PALATES
DISH FOR LOVED ONES BY CULINARY CONCEPTS
BAKED GOODIES BY VEGETARIAN TASTE BUDS
COMFORT FOOD BY DAILY-CUPPA
TEATIME TREATS BY KAREN AND KATE